Larnaca Airport Car Rental | Car Hire in Larnaca Airport
Larnaca situated in the south of Cyprus, it is the third largest city of Cyprus and a popular holiday destination, many tourist visit Cyprus every year because of it sunny climate and white beaches. The best way to explore this pretty island is to rent a cheap car from Larnaca Airport.
If a holiday to you means enjoying the sunshine on the beach, trekking up the hills during the day and partying hard all night then Larnaca, the third-largest city on the southern coast of Cyprus would be your ideal holiday destination. This area is strongly influenced by the Turkish culture and Larnaca lives up to its reputation of being a sleepy town which offers wonderful seaside fun and the beauty of the countryside. Making the most of all aspects of the area is so much easier with car rental.
The sea bordering Larnaca is actually very unspoiled. So much so that it earned itself the ‘Blue Award’ for cleanliness and natural splendour. Certain notable beaches along the coast include Castella, Dhekelia, Finikoudes (Phinikoudes) and the Cyprus Tourism Organisation Beach. Water babies can rejoice as there are varied water sports options from snorkelling to scuba diving to deep sea diving at various points along the coast. Spend time visiting a few beaches to find the right one for you and your family. Most are open around the clock so you can stay for as long as you like.
The Turkish culture of Larnaca manifests itself all around with huge buildings including domes, cathedrals, forts and mosques – all of which are worth a visit. You cannot afford to miss the Pierides Archaeological Foundation Museum that houses the Mycenaean artefacts, rare documents from the Neolithic Age and plenty of other important finds. The Mosque of the Umm Haram is yet another tourist attraction with huge Arab influences in design and construction. To see as much as possible, opt for car rental over public transport to fit in all these marvellous attractions.
Cruise packages at Larnaca include daily trips to both the Agia Trias and Ayia Napa, vantage points on the sea offering you endless photo-shoot opportunities with breathtakingly beautiful views of the sea and the shore. Moreover, there is a stopover facility allowing passengers to get down into the ocean and swim, scuba dive or snorkel around. This is the type of trip which is ideal for all the family and one which will last in the memory. The Cyprus coastline offers some wonderful diving points where you get to view the famous Zenobia wreck and where you can see picturesque views of the large fish that stay there now. You can also proceed to the Helicopter’s Wreck where a host of octopus await you.
The nightlife at Larnaca is lively and perfect for those who are looking for some fun. The town is filled with trendy bars, late night beach parties and discotheques so there is something to suit everyone. A trip to this city would be an unforgettable one and with car hire services at hand, you can be sure of a stress-free trip.
Useful Information Larnaca
Near Larnaca Airport
Popular car rental locations in Cyprus
Car rental tips for Larnaca Airport
Out of hours
As not all car rental companies are open 24 hours at Larnaca Airport, you will still be able to collect your car before or after opening hours. Click on the car rental company logo for the opening hours and check the detailed rental terms for the extra fee.
If a car rental company is Off Airport the supplier will provide a free of charge shuttle bus to the local rental office.
When traveling to Larnaca e advise to carry some EUR to avoid any unwanted surprises. At Larnaca Airport there are Money Exchange offices in order to change your local currency.
The local time code for Larnaca is EEST.
When traveling to Larnaca make sure to check the local weather conditions in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
Larnaca has approximately 72,000 inhabitants.
Travel tips for Larnaca Airport
Cyprus is divided in two parts, in the South there is the Greek part and in the North the Turkish part.
- Nicosia is the capital city but Larnaca is the favorite city for tourists because of its sandy beaches and sunny climate.
- To eat a Meze (Cyprus dish) is funny way to discover the Cypriot culture. The waiter will serve between 10 or 20 different Cypriot Dishes on very small plates and you can take what ever you like to eat.
- In Larnaca there is a very long boulevard
- If you are more interested in history, find your way to the Larnaca Castle. Nearby there is a Turkish mosque which is worth to visit.
- Bekir Pasha Aqua duct or Kamares aqua duct is an ancient water guiding building from 1750. Here can you walk trough history.
- Near Larnaca there is a salt lake with the Hala Sultan Tekke Mosque. In winter there are flamingo's searching for food
- If you cross the island you will find interesting places like Paphos. The castle of Paphos, Aphrodite's Rock (Petra tou Romiou) and the Troodos Mountains
- In winter you can ski on the Olympos mountain called Chionistra; (1.951 meter) in the Troodos area
- A special place and easy to reach by car is the Kykkos monastery a Cypriot-Orthodox monastery on 1318 meter height in the Troodos mountains
Larnaca Airport Rental Car Reviews
See below last 5 customer reviews. Our customers rated Larnaca Car Rental with an average of 9.18 based on 39 ratings.
Very Good Services
April 19, 2017
We Were Fully Satisfied
Great Value, Customer Service And Reliable
Quick And Safe
A Great Experience