Renting or not renting a car? That is one of the dilemma any tourist faces when planning a trip abroad. Maybe in our family or circle of friends there are some against the idea of renting a car abroad, perhaps because of some past experience or because they are not accustomed to the simple process of getting a rental car . However, in this post we will show that there are more factors in favour than against, with the following five reasons:
1. Freedom : It may be the weightier factor in deciding whether to rent a car at the destination. It is true that in some countries public transport is well developed and conditioned, but usually this arrangement restricts us: it limits our schedules and our range of motion. We must adjust to the bus or subway schedule. It also restricts the places we can visit depending on the way we need to follow to get there. However, driving our own car allows us to move freely where and when we want to.
2. Comfort: very related to the previous one, we find another point with a heavy weight when renting a car. The comfort to get to the very door of the monument , people, landscape or restaurant we want to know . At the same time, we can make the most of the day , because we don't need to wait or transfer to go our way.
3. Avoid danger: the third factor in favour of renting a car at the destination point is to avoid unnecessary risks. In many cities worldwide, subway or train stations become the preferred places by mafias to perpetrate their thefts . Although we think otherwise in this sense a rental car prevents us from thefs, as rates are much lower.
4. Go unnoticed : This point makes sense when compared to the possibility of going in our own car. Sometimes we might think that if the trip is not too long , or in a near country, the best thing is to travel in our own car. However, a foreign number plate is always a claim for prying eyes , which, depending on the place, can be a source of problems.
5. Saving: We close the list with a controversial point . Do we really save money with a rental car ? Well, think about the cost of taxis today, even a subway , train or bus bonus is a high payout if our stay will take more than just a couple of days. And now analyze the points mentioned above : freedom is money, and so is comfort, and if we avoid a scare... that can't be paid with coins .